Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Rickrolling

My gym has 10 monitors in the cardio room. I was watching a documentary on something smart (the Simpsons) when a certain red head caught my eye on monitor 6.


I innocently told my friend about this and she told me I'd been "Rickrolled".

ME: "Please repeat."

HER: "It's a method in which a prankster makes a fake link to the music video of Rick Astley's Never Going to Give you up. To be Rickrolled in to be the victim whereas Rickrolling is the act of being the predator. The prank is considered funny because of the horrible dancing in the music video. Over one million people have been Rickrolled and counting."

RESULT!

Basically you head to any website and leave the link for Never Going to Give you up under the guise of something else.

So, head to your local paper's website and leave a comment after something highly intelligent with the following:

"I vehemently concur with this well written article; however, if you head to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOU8GIRUd_g I'm sure you'll find this equally as enlightening."

BOOM! Let the Rickrolling shenanigans commence!

1 comment: